Color - Where to Find Inspiration

Color is everywhere. It is in everything. Even black & white has 'color' in the form of undertones. 

Have you ever tried to match a black shirt and a black pair of pants? Or picked out paint swatches for white ceilings? The underlying colors seep out and your white suddenly looks pink or your black becomes dark green.

Orange Green Pink Lampwork Glass Beads

I love color. It makes me happy. My daughter shares my love for all things colorful. The other day she came out of her room dressed in purple socks, orange leggings, a hot pink skirt and a turquoise shirt. She's quite the fashionista.

A lot of my color inspiration comes from my daughter's closet. I wish they would make some of those outfits in grown-up sizes - not that I could get away with actually wearing any of it. But the color palettes are always so much fun! Fabric of any kind is often bursting with color combinations just waiting to be made into a set of beads.

In the summer my inspiration comes from my backyard. Stare at a beautiful garden for a few minutes and be flooded with color ideas. The way nature puts color combinations together simply cannot be beat.

Scrapbook paper is also an addictive resource for great color combinations. My husband has banned me from the local scrapbook store as I just can't seem to control myself ... oooh pretty paper. must have it. But the patterns and color palettes can be a great source of inspiration that translates into other crafts.

When my surroundings fail to inspire me, I hop on Pinterest and start looking at color palettes and color schemes. So many artists and designers put together amazing color palettes - including yours truly [wink wink]. I pin a lot of them to my Pinterest board if you want to browse some of my personal favorites. Or follow my blog for free color inspiration and recipes!

Pink Blue Green Lampwork Glass Beads



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Palettes: Olive & Aqua

Mystic Devitrification - Avoiding Devitrification with Reichenbach 104 Mystic Glass

Color Palettes: What to Pair with the Color Red

Recent Etsy Listings