Must Have Earrings

I haven't worn earrings in 10 years - or basically since my oldest was born and I felt that very first baby grab at the pretties that nearly yanked my ear off.

I pretty much gave up all jewelry at that point. After my youngest was old enough to leave them alone, I slowly started wearing rings and necklaces again, but for some reason my ears remained naked.

Until now.

My friend Sydnie has a thing with earrings. She likes them big and long and insists all ears should have them. I became rather entranced with the 'statement' earrings she always wears and decided I must have some.

So I busted out my supplies that have been tucked away in nice little baggies and boxes and went to town. It was an earring making spree I tell you.

After keeping a few pairs for myself, I decided these needed to adorn the ears of my customers. They are fun. These are super light and hang so nice that you just can't help but shake your head back and forth a little just to whip them at your neck.

Or maybe that is just me. I feel like I'm in a hair commercial or something when I wear these. You need them. 

handcrafted dangle statement earrings

Inspired to create something similar? If you happen to be a knitter ... knitting needles are excellent wire-wrapping tools for making split rings. A marker or highlighter pen can also be an invaluable tool when you need something stable to wrap wire around for making bigger size jump rings. Try it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Palettes: Olive & Aqua

Color Palettes: What to Pair with the Color Red

Mystic Devitrification - Avoiding Devitrification with Reichenbach 104 Mystic Glass

Recent Etsy Listings