The Making of a Chandelier: Final Reveal

The moment we have all been waiting for ... IT. IS. FINISHED.

Cue the applause and rejoicing.


fused glass chandelier


fused glass chandelier


fused glass chandelier

fused glass chandelier

fused glass chandelier

Special thanks to my amazing husband for all his help and support with my most ambitious project yet. The final weight with all the glass panels was close to 35 pounds so we made sure to use a heavy-duty chain and hanger that is screwed directly into the ceiling joists. This thing may be heavy, but it is not going anywhere.

I am so pleased with the final result that I smile every time I turn it on. It adds an intense pop of color to my otherwise mostly white and grey house. Alternating smooth and textured panels create visual contrast and balance while the gentle swirl in the design and curvature of the glass provide movement. It makes me happy.

Now I find myself casually hunting for other discarded vintage light fixtures that I can transform into works of art ...


See Also: The Making of a Chandelier: Part 3

Comments

  1. This is absolutely phenomenal. Thanks for sharing the process, and the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Color Palettes: Olive & Aqua

Mystic Devitrification - Avoiding Devitrification with Reichenbach 104 Mystic Glass

Color Palettes: What to Pair with the Color Red

Recent Etsy Listings