Hoarding - Encouragement to Use Those Craft Supplies

I confess I have a problem. I am a collector of crafting supplies and I can't use them. Because I am saving them, you know, for that perfect special project ...

The problem is those words "limited edition". It won't be around forever? I can't get more if I use it all up? Oh the horror. Better save it. And the collection continues to grow.

It's not just a specific craft either. It seems to be all of them. My desk is a fire hazard with the stacks and stacks of scrapbook paper that is just too pretty to use.

My studio glass racks are at capacity because I am hoarding these odd lot out of production glass rods that you will never get again! Because you know glass lampworking cane is a valuable collectible. Um yeah, not so much.

lampwork glass rods

I might be able to fund my retirement with the stash of sterling silver beads and toggles that are just waiting for the perfect necklace. But hey, at least sterling silver is a precious metal and traded commodity so maybe that one isn't so bad.

And the kicker; I learned how to knit so I've been a knitting fiend during this icy cold winter that is freezing me out of the glass studio (a girl needed something to do to keep sane since I couldn't torch). I just discovered a fondness for hand-dyed wool yarns. Yep. You guessed it. Hand dyed = rare and potentially non-reproducible. So guess what I am knitting with these? Nothing. I have to save them, you know, for that perfect special project.

Malabrigo hand-dyed yarn

GAH! This silliness has to stop. I don't do "New Year Resolutions" but this year I am making an exception: USE IT. I cannot keep hoarding all this stuff or I am going to be turned into one of those reality television shows. Or maybe that wouldn't be so bad. I could get my 15 minutes of fame and have my life splattered all over the tabloids. Um, no. Back to the resolution.

I am going to knit with my hand-dyed yarns. I am going to make beads with my rare glass. I am going to create a necklace with my precious silver. And I am going to get cracking on that scrapbook for my daughter and use all the pretty paper. Just use it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Palettes: Olive & Aqua

Color Palettes: What to Pair with the Color Red

Mystic Devitrification - Avoiding Devitrification with Reichenbach 104 Mystic Glass

Recent Etsy Listings