Mint Green - Effetre Grasshopper and Pale Emerald

Lampworking Soft Glass Color Reference

Green has so many different hues and shades that it could be its own color wheel.

I personally tend to favor the extreme yellow or blue ends of the green spectrum. Chartreuse and lime are hands down my favorite ... unless you call teal a 'green' glass. 

Teal is one of those 'swing' colors that could be classified as green or blue depending on who it's with. I generally classify it in the blue family and regard seafoam/mint as the bluest of the true greens.

Effetre grasshopper glass Effetre pale emerald glass

Effetre 591213 Grasshopper

In the soft glass world, if working in COE 104 I automatically reach for my Effetre 213 Grasshopper glass. I'm not sure who came up with that name, but in my opinion it is the perfect blue-green soft pastel for a mint green hue. Grasshopper is an opaque glass and I've not experienced any working issues with it. 

Effetre 591031 Pale Emerald

I most often layer with Effetre Pale Emerald for added depth and that shine you only get by layering a transparent glass over an opaque. Pale Emerald will bring out the bluish hint of the Grasshopper and leave you with a luxurious soft minty green with that slightly vintage Coke bottle effect.

These beads are teamed with blue and purple to really enhance those cool blueish undertones.

Effetre Grasshopper lampwork glass beads

Find more soft glass color references in these posts:

Follow my blog for more lampworking glass color references and inspiration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Palettes: Olive & Aqua

Color Palettes: What to Pair with the Color Red

Mystic Devitrification - Avoiding Devitrification with Reichenbach 104 Mystic Glass

Recent Etsy Listings